US embassy in Berlin, July 19, 2014 via brucesterling
Slavoj Žižek, a psychoanalyst and Marxist philosopher, on the Kinder Surprise egg
Gaza, Friday, July 11 2014
A little boy killed by Israeli rockets, and his father in a total state of shock and disbelief that his son is already dead … The father is screaming and talking to his dead son saying, while shaking him hard: “wake up, father brought you a toy” !!
Airstrikes in Gaza | July 2014
1. An Israeli activist carries a placard during a protest against the war on the Gaza strip, in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv on July 9, 2014. (Ahmad Gharabli/AFP/Getty Images)
2. Smoke and flames are seen following an Israeli air strike in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip on July 9, 2014. (Reuters)
3. Palestinian relatives mourn during the funeral of members of Hamad family in the town of Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip on July 9, 2014. (Mohammed Salem/Reuters)
4. Palestinians inspect the remains of a car which was hit in an Israeli air strike in Gaza City on July 9, 2014. (Ashraf Amrah/Reuters)
5. Relatives of eight Palestinian members from al-Haj family, who medics said were killed in an early morning air strike that destroyed at least two homes, mourn during their funeral in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip on July 10, 2014. (Ibraheem Abu Mustafa/Reuters)
6. A picture taken in Gaza City on July 10, 2014 shows a damaged building after it was hit by an Israeli air strike. (Mohammed Abed/AFP/Getty Images)
7. A Palestinian woman runs carrying a girl following an Israeli air strike on a house in Gaza city on July 9, 2014. (Majdi Fathi/Reuters)
8. Two boys stand near damage caused by Israeli warplanes in Gaza on July 10, 2014. (Yasser Qudih/NurPhoto/Corbis)
9. Israelis watch as smoke rises after air strikes across the border in northern Gaza on July 8, 2014. (Amir Cohen/Reuters)
10. A Palestinian boy plays in the rubble of a destroyed house the day after an Israeli strike in the town of Beit Hanoun, northern Gaza Strip on July 9, 2014. (Khalil Hamra/AP)
— (via odinsblog)
I’M SO DONE
Oh my god
Europe is resounding with cries of ‘immigrants, go home!’ Here’s what would happen to the World Cup if they did.
Can we just take a second to see the colonial extraction of talent that happens with these European teams? France and Germany would not have teams if they made good on their racist, anti-immigrant rhetoric. It is important to keep in mind that these competitions like the world cup are not a reflection of national prowess for many European teams, but a flexing of imperial muscle.
I can’t imagine why Google prefers their FIFA World Cup Doodles over my well-researched one. Oh well, their loss I guess.